Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Water temperature range of Instrument

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
72RPR Posted - 14 Apr 2019 : 08:03:53
My Rapier has water temperature of C - N - H Can anyone tell me what temperatures in degrees C each of these markings represent?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillman Posted - 16 Apr 2019 : 07:45:48
Good news!
problem seams to be solved.
cheers
72RPR Posted - 16 Apr 2019 : 04:12:06
Hi, Changed the thermometer bulb this morning, went for a drive along the motorway and, guess what? the temperature sat on the N mark for the whole trip. So it looks like that has cured the problem of faulty readings and am most happy now. Thanks for your interest.
hillman Posted - 15 Apr 2019 : 07:50:50
Hi
this link provides good information about the 1725 engine and a way to test the thermostat that could be yourproblem.
http://wavelen.com/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=sunbeam:wsm145_rootes_light_car_range_1725cc.pdf

have a look at it
cheers
72RPR Posted - 15 Apr 2019 : 06:07:52
Hi hillman, Thanks for your reply. This is on my 1725 Rapier Fastback. When I first got the car the temp gauge ran around the N mark. Then I changed to just an additive (Penrite Classic coolant) and de-mineralised water. This had the effect of having a very clean system and the temp now sat at halfway between C and N. I thought this was pretty good but have been told it should run hotter than indicated. I had purchased a new thermometer bulb so decided to replace the original one. Now the car ran at halfway between N and H?? Wrong thermo bulb? I have another new one which I shall install and determine if the gauge still reads over N. Then I guess I'll start on the thermostat. The car does have a "recovery" bottle in the system. Trial and error ??
hillman Posted - 14 Apr 2019 : 18:04:46
There is no exact match between these letters and an actual temp in C° as it also depends on the make and model but for a standard car, I mean not a racing car, you have something like C=30, N =85 to 95 and full H above 100. If the engine is equipped with an expansion bottle on the cooling circuit C could be up to 100 and H above 120.
maybe someone else might have a better answer to your question.
Hope it will help you.
What car and engine are you asking for?

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000