Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 H120 on ebay or is it??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
IanEndurer Posted - 18 May 2021 : 22:33:46
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334005928640

This sold recently at the EAMA auction. Described as not genuine h120 but h120 spec? Seller says it a genuine one. Any ideas?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JPSH120 Posted - 06 Jun 2021 : 22:41:36
Back on ebay again!
IanEndurer Posted - 24 May 2021 : 12:21:22
Good knowledge, certainly is a minefield on these classics!
bigt80 Posted - 23 May 2021 : 19:34:36
Yes, started life a a standard car. On early H120's the Ammeter was replaced with the less useful oil temp gauge and this is a way of spotting if it was a standard car.
However, it isn't fool-proof as later H120's had an ammeter fitted due to (and this may only be a half-truth) the number of complaints dealerships received about the gauge often registering 110 degrees and higher! Despite the H120 owners manual stating that the recommended Shell Oil was well able to cope with these high temperatures, Rootes/Chrysler thought the best way of dealing with it was to remove the gauge: what the eye doesn't see...........:-).
Sunbeam-mike Posted - 20 May 2021 : 09:15:48
quote:
Originally posted by Commerlad

Looking through the photos, I would say fake. As the gauge shows oil pressure where I believe H120s had temp instead. So a standard Rapier with boot and engine swap but not done the gauge which is the hardest bit.

What he said.

Mike Hooper
IanEndurer Posted - 20 May 2021 : 09:13:47
As I thought then, as I live way up in the highlands of scotland a 20 hour round trip to the seller I dont think I will bother! Do like these rapiers in gold though.
paul marshall Posted - 19 May 2021 : 21:31:20
Hi all, this was in east anglia car auctions last week, (NOT ACA anglia auction) i tried to see what it sold for, obviously less that the asking price but it was listed there as "h120 a-like" , as i understand its a standard rapier fastback , standard chassis number . the aution never listed the upgrades .
It was on ebay about a year ago with the bloke not answering questions directly and a few people got hacked off with him, a mate tried to look and got a bit of a runaround. if interested go and look and make up your own mind!

paul marshall
Commerlad Posted - 19 May 2021 : 21:23:49
Looking through the photos, I would say fake. As the gauge shows oil pressure where I believe H120s had temp instead. So a standard Rapier with boot and engine swap but not done the gauge which is the hardest bit.

Sometimes I think laterally, but then I have to get up!

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000