Springs, Shock Absorbers, Exhaust and free parts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cdady

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  16:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks once again to all the advice you gave me in the last post on this subject. Since then I have rebuilt the rear suspension of my Series 4 Rapier using a pair of new leaf springs made by Owen Springs, which cost £444 incl. VAT and delivery, and a pair of Spax adjustable shock absorbers which were £104. My exhaust was extremely low as it clearly was not the correct one, and luckily I managed to get NOS front pipe and centre section from Speedy Spares, and then added silencers and clamp on bits of curved pipe from ebay. I am back on the road! See photo!
This means I have the old springs - the car sat quite level but I thought they were going to be a bit tired for the amount of towing I do with my race car - a pair of rear shocks (dirty but I cannot see any leaks) and a couple of silencers that probably came from the Arrows Rapier. Rather than dumping these bits I will give them away to anyone who needs them and is happy to pay postage or collect from me in Norwich. I will list these in Parts for sale with pictures.

CMDADY

Edited by - cdady on 15 Nov 2019 17:05:39
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000