Values on the up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  09:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The price guide in the latest issue of practical classics magazine shows an increase in value of fastbacks with top condition cars now worth up to £4.5k and the H120 up to £6k. This is much more realistic in my opinion and certainly consistent with some sale prices that have been achieved of late.

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  13:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they have been languishing a bit for last few years, but I think e-Bay over the years, has dragged a few out into the open and with less 'spares or repair' ones around now; it seems only fair that the survivors get a bit more recognition and value. I think days of £2.5k for a v.good Fastback and £3k for similar H120 are rightly behind us now. Still more difficult in the £1k territory. I take it they are still showing £500 - £1000 for condition 'C'? Thanks for flagging that up J.
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  09:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes those are pretty much still the values for a 'C' condition car, classed as one that generally would require a full re-build whilst possibly having a current MOT.

Interestingly the Rapier & Alpine are both listed with the same values which is possibly not accurate. I also noticed when reading it again last night that the series cars also show an increase in value although all hard top models are valued together regardless of series as are the convertibles. Again I suspect this is not a true reflection of the actual state of affairs.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000