oil filter reference
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2021 :  14:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot find a reference for the paper type oil filter for my serie 3a.
who can provide me a make and model? thank you

Bodiam

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2022 :  18:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Hillman, sorry to be so long replying to your question, I have not looked at the forum for a while so I suspect you may already have answered your own question!

However, I did research this issue some time ago and came up with the following list of filters for your model - Tecalemit K24477, TJ FP3312, Motaquip VFL142, Cooper/Fiam FA4009, WIX 51302, Unifilter U1545, Fram CH820PL, Classic Gold/Unipart GFE104.

Hope this is not too late to be useful. For what it’s worth, I found the GFE104 filter easiest to source locally to me.

John

John D
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2022 :  17:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello John, thank you very much, Ireally thought the forum was dead.
I will try to find one ofthese references you sent me.
I am still in trouble with this as all seals are leaking.
thank you
gilles
Go to Top of Page

Bodiam

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2022 :  21:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Gilles,

Hope you have some luck with them. When you say leaking seals, do you mean the ones at the base of the oil filter casing, if so you are in luck as they usually come with the new filter cartridge, though there is also a small seal which fits under the head of the filter screw - I have some info on that if you need it.

Have recently done a full engine, gearbox and overdrive rebuild and found all the gaskets and seals I needed from various suppliers, so I could tell you where I found mine if you could specify what you need.

Good luck!

John
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2022 :  17:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello John,
in fact I need to replace the one on the top and the one inside the filter below the spring and washer.
Then I think I will try to find an Alpine serie V base filter with the screw on model.
If you have info about these seals, thank you to send them to me.
Best regards
gilles
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2022 :  09:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,
just to let you know. I found a filter with the cooper fiam reference you kindly gave me. That will be ok .
thank you very much for your help
take care
Gilles
Go to Top of Page

Bodiam

United Kingdom
41 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2022 :  22:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Gilles,

So sorry, I don’t visit the forum very often and only just noticed your post in January.

Glad you got fixed up with a filter, I guess that would have included the seals for the base of the casing. The other seal you might find you need is the one which fits onto the long bolt and seals below the bolt head (hope that makes sense) There are two types, unfortunately, one by Tecalemit (the bolt has a UNF thread) and one by Purolator (the bolt has a UNC thread). The part number for the Tecalemit one is 37H1173 and for the Purolator is 500321.
I had no luck getting these from Rootes stockists but luckily these units are common on other British cars of the time and I got one of them from a Triumph spares dealer and the other from an MG stockist.

Hope this is useful, if I can help you further please send me a personal message through the forum and hopefully I will pick it up quickly.

Kind regards, John
Go to Top of Page

hillman

France
107 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2022 :  17:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello John,
thank you again for your time and the info about triumph and mg seals for the main bolt. I will investigate this.
thank you again and take care
best regards
Gilles
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000